Here at Ivy Dental the health and safety of our patients and staff is very important to us. We take infection control very seriously and would like to share our use of universal precautions per OSHA and CDC guidelines. Additionally procedures and policies have recently been added given the heightened risk in the community due to the spread of COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer is available in all treatment rooms and at the front desk area.
- Our staff wash their hands and use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the treatment room and when their gloves are removed.
- We disinfect all areas of the treatment rooms upon exit of each patient with medical grade disinfectant.
- Our instruments are sterilized in excess of 273 degrees Fahrenheit after each patient.
- We have removed all magazines/books/toys from our waiting room for the time being.
- The waiting room and the door knobs throughout the office are disinfected several times throughout the day.
- Patients will now have the option to wait for their appointment in their cars if they prefer not to sit in the waiting room and will be called when we are ready to seat them
- All scrubs, jackets, and the cloth patient bibs are washed on site on a sanitary cycle.
- As with any illness, any of our staff showing any symptoms of illness will be asked to stay at home.
- Should a staff member have a member of their household test positive for COVID-19 they will be put on medical leave as they undergo quarantine.
- For the safety of our team and to keep risk as low as possible while still providing care we will be asking patients to do a 1 min rinse of hydrogen peroxide at the start of their appointment per the suggestion of the Virginia Dental Association.
- Additional measures are also being taken to decrease risk of aerosolized particles in treatment rooms ( implementation of rubber dams for restorative procedures and additional suctioning for scaling and root planing).
- We will be taking patients temperatures at the start of their appointments along with inquiring how you are feeling today.
If you have a fever, you will be asked to reschedule. If it is an emergent dental need we will see you once you are completely fever free for 24 hours without the aid of fever reducing medication (ie. Tylenol (acetaminophen), Advil (ibuprofen)). If non emergent, we are rescheduling appointments for those with any flu like symptoms 3 weeks out. New appointment days will be added to the schedule to accommodate these patients being seen in a timely manner. If anyone in your household has or recently has had fever, we also ask that you please reschedule your appointment(s) until everyone is fever free without medication.
If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or generally don’t feel well, please call or email and reschedule.
We will be suspending missed appointment/short notice cancellation fees for the next 90 days to accommodate these requirements.
Please call 434-270-0304 or email info@charlottesvilleIvyDentist.com if you need to reschedule.
We are confident by maintaining our existing office protocols and sterilization procedures we can continue to provide care as usual in a safe and responsible way.
The Ivy Dental team